Credit check policy
By requesting a service from us, you agree to allow us to conduct a credit reference check before, or after, any account with us is opened, or order accepted.
To be eligible for a service from us you must, as a minimum, meet the following criteria:
• Be over 18 years of age.
• Be a UK citizen, resident or hold a visa that will be valid for the duration of the service commitment period.
• Company name must be registered with Companies House or have a VAT registration number or be registered as a limited liability partnership.
• Person making application must be a Director or have authority to apply on behalf of the company.
If you meet the preliminary criteria above, we will carry out a credit check to assess your eligibility for a service and confirm your identity.
. Credit checks are carried out as part of the sales process, either online or over the phone.
You agree to provide the relevant personal information to us that is required for a credit check and we shall action the credit check using that information as per the following:
• We may search the files of credit reference agencies that may keep a record of that search.
• We may share your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 with recognised and reputable credit reference agencies such as, for example, Experian and/or Equifax.
• We may use credit-scoring methods to assess the application and to confirm your identity and other information, which is provided to us, and/or the credit reference agencies, about you (and those you are linked financially to) if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household.
• The credit reference agencies will record details of the search, whether the application or order goes ahead.
• We may check your details with fraud detection agencies and if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We may also access and use this information to help prevent fraud and money laundering.
• If we suspect for any reason that fraudulent information is being supplied during a credit check, it must be referred to our Fraud and Information Security Manager for investigation and approval to proceed.
• We and other organisations may access and use information from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. Please contact customer care (see below), if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. You have a legal right to these details.
• We cannot guarantee to supply you with a service based on this order application. If you are declined then we may discuss a prepay service with you, or advance payment for a fixed term of no less than 12 months.
• We do not offer any reasons for credit check results. Credit results are determined from analysing the customer’s credit file, and the customer can obtain a copy of their credit file from the credit agencies to inspect their credit history
• Customers who have been declined a post-pay service may re-apply after 6 months, with a full credit check again being performed.
• A credit check result is valid for 7 days. If you wish to activate a service after this expiry period, a new credit check must take place.
• After we do accept an order from you, we may report your payment history and any defaults to the relevant credit reference agency.
• We may also conduct further credit checks on you at any time while you have an account with us. Any credit check conducted once the order is accepted will be done in line with the terms and conditions that apply to the service you receive from us.
• Please let us know if you have any questions or queries on this credit check policy by contacting Relish customer care and we shall get right back to you as soon as we can.
If you need to contact customer care you can do so 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in any of the following ways:
- By phone, please call: 0330 686 8000.
- By Email, please email: email@example.com
- By online chat via Relish.net.
- By post. Our postal address is:
UK Broadband Ltd. trading as Relish
236 Gray's Inn Road,